Works of fiction appearing here are © 2011-2017 by Jack H. Tyler, and are not to be assumed to lie in the public domain.
Any reproduction of this material is prohibited without the express written permission of the author.

Friday, October 7, 2016

My Steampunk Birthday

          Hello, folks!  Just checking in with birthday news, mostly for friends and family, but anyone else who'd care to join in as well.  Wife and daughter just delivered the goods.  I had great fun opening T-Shirts,
games,
and one be-yootiful clock!
          Thanks, you guys, you're fabulous!  Tonight comes grandkids, in-laws, and our son.  It's gonna be one great weekend!  Hope you're all having one as well.  See you Thursday!

PS:  Got up this morning about six, as usual, and instead of digging out the writing material and wading into Beyond the Rails III, I clicked on the Xbox and waded into X-Com: Enemy Within.  Made for a far better morning; I believe I could get used to this!

4 comments:

  1. Awesomeness. Right up your alley. They always know how to pick the right gifts. Cant go wrong with a little xcom. Happy Birthday again. I love ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Axe. Day's been good. Hope yours was as well.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Jack. Sounds like it was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed it was, and thanks for stopping by, BTW. Friday night about 10:30 I said goodbye to four carloads of friends and family, and kicked back with wife and daughter over birthday cake and flavored coffee. A great time was had by all! Next post (Thursday) I'll put up a picture of the desk lamp my son brought. I don't know whether to read by it or launch it! Looks like you had a great time at GG as well. Great job, my friend. How do you like our "fall" weather? The seasons run about a month late here, and the rule of thumb is "baking on Colombus Day, freezing on Halloween." Looks like this year is going hit it just about right.

    ReplyDelete