Works of fiction appearing here are © 2011-2017 by Jack H. Tyler, and are not to be assumed to lie in the public domain.
Any reproduction of this material is prohibited without the express written permission of the author.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Spotlight on a Friend

          Veteran followers will be familiar with my good friend Sarah Zama, the Italian author who writes American alternate roaring '20s history.  Over the past couple of years, Sarah and I have discovered that we have very different views on a number of aspects of writing, but aren't those the best friends, the ones who challenge your comfortable beliefs rather than just parroting what you already think back at you?  I certainly think so.
          Her current work is a novella, Give in to the Feeling, which contains some of the characters from her larger trilogy, The Old Shelter.  I have read the novella, and was quite taken with the characters and situations.  It is a perfect appetizer to make you want to read the trilogy, which concerns shady goings-on in and around a haunted speakeasy.  I hate the phrase I can't wait, because you are going to wait, and if you don't die while you're waiting, it gives irrefutable proof that in fact you can wait.  I'll just say that I'm very much looking forward to the trilogy.  It has been in the works for a long time; I can only wish I had this woman's patience.  What I bring before you now is an interview with Sarah Zama, conducted by author C.P. Lesley.  This is one of the best interviews I've seen in a while, and is a great opportunity to get to know this most excellent writer.  Consider this your chance to get in on the ground floor, as it were.  Give in to the feeling, and discover this future star for yourself!
          http://blog.cplesley.com/2017/08/interview-with-sarah-zama.html

No comments:

Post a Comment